Integrated Foods intranet
Website: intranet (not accessible to the public) - view screenshots
Size: 2 templates
My professional status: contractor at inov8
Website client: Mangatu Blocks Incorporation
Dates: January 2014
Brief: inov8 had been invited by Mangatu Blocks Incorporation to build an intranet for their business, Integrated Foods Ltd, in Sharepoint. They asked me to do the front-end development of the templates. I was responsible for HTML, CSS, jQuery, and browser testing.
- Turned this project around in double-quick time - just a couple of days - and was able to improve the layout design of the pages at the same time as building them
- Provided the developer with Sharepoint-ready templates that needed no tweaking for this rather finicky CMS.
My responsibilities included:
- Liaising with the inov8 Sharepoint developer to ensure that I was building the templates in the modular, widget-based way that Sharepoint requires (where the website owner has the freedom to move and place modules/widgets wherever they like within the page)
- Design development, ensuring that the templates contained sufficient modular elements to lay out and format all possible content types
- Hand-coding in HTML5 and CSS3 (using Sublime Text 2 and Dreamweaver) to a reasonable level of accessibility
- Creating graphics where necessary
- Incorporating HTML5 shiv for IE8 support of HTML5 elements
- Extensive testing of the site at all stages of the development process, and ensuring consistency across the following browsers and platforms:
- PC: Chrome (latest), Firefox (latest), Internet Explorer IE8, IE9
- Mac: Chrome (latest), Firefox (latest), Safari (latest).
A nice little project, which came about because the designer was my old colleague from Shift, Nikki Lundie. She had already recommended me to the inov8 team, and I had built temples for the PSA intranet for them a few months earlier. Thanks, Nikki!