APN share offer
Website: no longer online - view screenshots
Size: 4 pages
My professional status: contractor at Designworks
Website client: APN
Dates: November 2010
Brief: APN is New Zealand's largest multi-media group, owning a wide range of newspapers, radio stations and magazines. The company wanted a small website to publicise their upcoming stock offer, which had been designed by Designworks. I was asked by Designworks to build the site for them.
My responsibilities included:
- Project management and ongoing liaison with the Designworks team in order to achieve their aims for the website, and to work through any technical and implementation issues with them
- Project management including the development of timelines and ensuring that I delivered the website within a tight timeframe of four days
- Development of a set of templates in CSS and HTML 4.01 Transitional
- Hand-coding in HTML 4.01 Transitional to a reasonable level of accessibility
- Coding a large map graphic on the homepage which would function in the same way as an image map - but using only CSS to achieve this
- Extensive testing of the templates at all stages of the development process, ensuring complete consistency across the following browsers and platforms:
- WindowsXP: Internet Explorer IE6, IE7, IE8; Firefox 3, Firefox 3.6, Chrome 4
- Windows7: IE8, Firefox 3.6
- Mac OSX: Firefox 3.6, Safari 4
- The creation of a CSS print stylesheet for the page - tested in IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome and Safari on both Mac and PC
- Ensuring that my templates had been validated using the W3C Markup Validation Service and that they conformed to HTML 4.01 Transitional requirements
- Ongoing liaison with the client to ensure that the templates were working as expected, and to provide additional HTML, CSS and content graphics as required.
A tight turnaround, attractive design with a couple of tricks up its sleeve to keep me on my toes, and good people to work with - my old colleague from Origin Design - hi Robsta!