Website: healthaction.org.nz (site has since been redesigned) - view screenshots
Size: 100 pages, 3MB
My professional status: independent web designer/developer
Website client: Health Action
Dates: February - November 1998
Categories: Scoping/pitching/quoting, Client liaison, Project manager, IA & UX, Website designer, Front-end developer, Writing for the web, Content-loader, Old-school table layout, Database-driven (pre-CMS), Medium sites
Brief: to design and build a youth-oriented website for an organisation which had absolutely no experience of the web.
My responsibilities included:
- Selection of ISP and development of website scope in terms of the information architecture and sitemap
- Advising the client on the type of content that should be included, and helping them to write and edit this
- Creation of site (design, look & feel, navigation, architecture, graphics, search, joining and feedback sections)
- Translation of database to online version
- Liaison with back-end database programming team
- Creation of templates for programming team to use
- Ongoing client liaison.
Lots of fun - because the Health Action team knew very little about the potential or practicalities of websites, and it was great to work with them and explore that potential together, and put it into practice.