Website: no longer online - view screenshots
Size: 39 pages
Government status: Government Ministry
My professional status: contractor at CWA New Media
Website client: Ministry of Education
Dates: January 2005
Brief: to create a design for the Ans Westra sub-site as part of CWA's Te Kete Ipurangi portal website. The sub-site sits within the Arts community on TKI, and has design restrictions unique to this area.
This site is housed within the main TKI template. As such it is subject to the same rules for templating as the rest of TKI, which is written in XHTML/XML and uses CSS-only formatting.
My responsibilities included:
- Design of the website using the recent Handboek exhibition printwork as an initial inspiration
- Ensuring that my design was possible within CWA's strict XHTML/XML template for TKI, as well as the unique template for this area
- Ensuring that the site would be fully accessible and easily navigable
- Ensuring that my design was achievable using TKI's CSS-only layout
- Designing a clear and effective sub-navigation system to include two levels of navigation.
This sub-site fits into the existing Visual Arts section of The Arts/Ngā Toi Materials sub-site inside TKI. The layout of this area is somewhat different from the standard TKI template. I selected colours and design elements from the Handboek printwork and developed these into a design which is sympathetic to that branding, and fits into the colour requirements of this section.