Scots College Virtual Tour
Link: no longer online - view screenshot
Size: 4 pages
My professional status: contractor at Oryx Technologies
Website client: Scots College
Dates: May - June 2004
Brief: to design and build the Virtual Tour section of the existing Scots College website, complementing the look and feel of the rest of the site.
My responsibilities included:
- Planning and development of the initial idea with the client, to ensure that each Virtual Tour covered a small enough area so that the map details could easily be seen on the average browser
- Tidying up of map scans and Photoshop work to ensure they looked good online
- Design of three Virtual Tours of the school - Overview, Primary and Secondary - with a unique layout for each
- Liaison with the photographer to ensure that her images could be cropped to the appropriate dimensions for each tour
- Development of each of the Virtual Tours in HTML, each of which incorporated a large number of rollovers
- Design and development of the Virtual Tour homepage.
This project was great fun. I love designing and building complex HTML with heaps of interrelated rollovers and I appreciated being asked to advise on the number of tours and the content of each.