Meadow Fresh Stars of Rugby & Tararua Milk Sports Frenzy
Website: no longer online - view screenshots
Size: 2 sites, 20 pages each
My professional status: employee at Origin Design
Website client: Mainland Milk
Dates: June - August 2002
Brief: to build and maintain twin interactive sites for the Stars of Rugby and Sports Frenzy promotional competitions (Meadow Fresh and Tararua Milk). The sites' architecture and functionality was exactly the same, but the graphics and colours were completely different.
My responsibilities included:
- Building the sites (architecture, navigation, HTML, content layout, graphics)
- Creating Flash animations for the homepages - these advertised and graphically explained what the competitions were all about and showed kids how they could enter
- Creating template pages for the Prize Winners and Spot Prize Winners pages, and ensuring that the HTML would easily dovetail into the database backend created by our programmer
- Creating template pages for the Update Your Numbers and Results pages, and ensuring that the HTML would easily dovetail into the database backend
- Creating templates for the Registration and Login pages which would be incorporated by the programmer.
These sites were the first we built for Mainland and included a password-protected registration and login section for schools and a database-driven backend showing graphical representations of school positions in the competition, and full results tables for all schools taking part.
The competition involved collecting milk carton caps. Schools could enter the latest numbers of caps collected on the website, and then immediately see how they were going in comparison with other schools in their area.